The UK is facing global challenges. Our research is world class, but we need to be better at taking our great scientific research and applying it.
This pamphlet sets out eight great technologies where we can do exactly that:
- the big data revolution and energy-efficient computing
- satellites and commercial applications of space
- robotics and autonomous systems
- life sciences, genomics and synthetic biology
- regenerative medicine
- advanced materials and nano-technology
- energy and its storage
The UK’s strong public support for research, the improving macroeconomic environment and a new impetus for converting discoveries into commercial opportunities provide good grounds for optimism. We can be the best place in the world to do science.