Job Title: Press and Social Media Officer
Working For: Policy Exchange
Policy Exchange is one of the UK’s most influential think-tanks with many of our policies being taken up by Government and political parties. Our reports and events are regularly covered in the weekday and weekend press, in specialist journals and in online media.
The Press and Social Media Officer will work closely with Policy Exchange’s Senior Management Team, reporting to the Managing Director, to ensure that our research and events get maximum media coverage. They will also maintain our social media accounts, promoting Policy Exchange’s work on platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Applicants must be familiar with and have an interest in the world of Westminster politics, policy-making and media, ideally with experience in this area and some media contacts of their own. They must be resourceful and hard-working, with a high standard of written English and a confident telephone manner. Excellent time management and punctuality are also essential.
- Drafting and circulating press releases
- Maintaining relations with key journalists and comment editors
- Assisting on a daily basis in presenting research to the media
- Answering media enquiries
- Maintaining social media accounts
- Assisting with proof-reading research material
- Handling the 24/7 media telephone line
- Managing website content
- Assisting the digital communications officer in maintaining the website
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
Closing Date: 28th February 2019
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to email@example.com