Policy Exchange is one of the UK’s most influential think tanks with many of our policies being taken up by government and political parties. As Head of Events you have the opportunity to shape and influence the UK policy debate at the highest levels as well as hosting Prime Ministers, Presidents, and other world leaders on a regular basis.
Policy Exchange is looking for an experienced events manager to lead a small in-house team in the delivery of an exciting and topical rolling programme of events. This will require working with a diverse mix of politicians, policymakers, business people and academics. You will need to be able to produce ideas for new events; help secure funding for our work; and help to raise the profile of our work.
To be a strong candidate you would have:
- Experience of organising a wide range of events including seminars, debates and parties for key stakeholders and high level contacts.
- The ability to identify interesting issues, and work with researchers to identify and secure high profile participants
- A strong interest in political issues and public policy
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to oversee and inspire more junior staff
- Previous experience of fundraising
- Management and delivery of events programme from conception to completion
- Liaising with and providing advice to internal clients and external sponsors
- Organising panel discussions, roundtable meetings, lunches and dinners, networking receptions for delegate numbers from 20 up to 500 plus
- Securing and liaising with speakers
- Developing an effective marketing strategy for the events programme
- Contracting of external venues and caterers
- Project management of Party Conference programme, securing sponsorship and managing logistics of the events
- Financial reporting, profit and loss forecasting and invoice handling
Please note due to the nature of the role the applicant must be willing to be flexible with working hours due to early starts and late finishes.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
CLOSING DATE: 31 OCTOBER 2018