Thursday, 20 May, 2021
18:00 - 19:00
About this Event
- Dame Elaine Inglesby-Burke, Non-Executive Director, NICE, former Chief Nurse, Northern Care Alliance & Prize Judge, Wolfson Economics Prize 2021 (Chair)
- Emma Boxer, Lead Outpatient Pharmacist for CHoICE at Sunderland Royal Hospital & Early Careers Pharmacist Advisory Group Member, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Dr Mark Butler, Consultant General Paediatrician, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, London, UK
- Dr Lin Sanda Hlaing, Specialty Trainee Registrar in Acute Internal Medicine, University Hospital Southampton NHS Trust & Flexible Portfolio Trainee in Clinical Informatics, Royal College of Physicians
- Anne Lumb, Greenspace and Health Adviser Nature Scotland
- Kendal Moran, Registered Army Nurse, Surgical High Care Unit, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth & Newly Registered Nurses Co-Lead, Royal College of Nursing
The Wolfson Economics Prize 2021 invites radical thinking on hospital design, welcoming entries from anyone, anywhere in the world, no matter how large or small the intervention, but what do practitioners who work in our hospitals every day want from their places of work? What problems currently exist and how might they be resolved? What would staff look to improve if they were in charge of the government’s New Hospital Programme?
This webinar brings together practitioners from a range of disciplines to discuss their visions for better hospital design to inform prospective participants and to stimulate debate.
- Staff Facilities – what spaces and facilities are staff looking for in their hospital of the future?
- Patient Safety – what measures do current practitioners want to see incorporated into designs for the hospital of the future to improve patient safety, to reduce infection etc.
- Technology – what innovative technologies and methods would practitioners like to see rolled-out as part of the new hospital programme in England?
- Healthcare System – how can good design make it easier for staff to deliver joined-up care, including in the community?