Policy Exchange is one of the UK’s most influential independent think-tanks with a strong record of achieving policy impact across a wide range of areas. As Events Manager you have the opportunity to shape and influence the UK policy debate at the highest levels as well as hosting Prime Ministers, Presidents, and other world leaders on a regular basis.
Policy Exchange is looking for a confident, enthusiastic and politically minded person to manage an exciting and topical rolling programme of events. This will require working with a diverse mix of politicians, policymakers, business people and academics as well as liaising with suppliers such as venue staff and caterers.
As Events Manager you will run an event programme ranging from policy roundtables at our very centrally located in-house events space, to receptions at other central Westminster venues with 500+ capacity. You will also help support the digital team during live events (both physical and virtual).
You will also programme and logistically manage Policy Exchange’s presence at the political party conferences held each year in the Autumn.
To be a strong candidate you would have:
- Event management experience – both planning, logistics and on-the-day management
- A keen interest in political issues and public policy
- Excellent project management skills
- Good database skills
- Familiarity with WordPress and Mailchimp
- Basic digital and camera skills, including a knowledge of AV, are helpful but not essential
- A willingness to work out of hours from time to time to support the delivery of events
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.