Policy Exchange is looking for a confident, organised and pro-active Events Intern. The Events Intern will support the Head of Events in the planning and delivery of Policy Exchange's rolling programme of events, both in Westminster and at the Autumn Party Conferences.
The applicant must have a keen interest in politics and current affairs.
- Assisting the Head of Events in coordinating weekly events including breakfast and lunch meetings, roundtables, lectures, debates, dinners and drinks receptions for up to 500 people.
- Assisting the Head of Events in coordinating presence at the Autumn Party Conferences. This will include securing speakers, managing relationships with sponsors and assisting with all logistics such as travel, printing, accommodation and venue hire
- Database management
- Preparation of events materials such as briefing packs, agendas and guest lists
- Registering delegates and dealing with event queries over email and the phone
- Writing and sending all email marketing copy such as event invitations, reminders and confirmations
- Room set up, including AV equipment, furniture and catering
Please note that due to the nature of the role the applicant must be willing to be flexible with working hours due to early starts and late finishes. Overnight stays will also be expected during conference season.
Key Skills required:
• Extremely organised individual, with excellent attention to detail
• A flexible attitude and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• The ability to trouble shoot problems, act on own initiative and think laterally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time position. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
Applications will be viewed as they come in and successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CV and covering letter should be sent to